Sunday 7 December 2014

I'M FAILING (KIND OF)

I'm trying to stay positive about this but for someone that eats well (plant based, mostly organic, cooked from scratch yada yada) my kid eats like a teenager with the munchies. 

She's two. She should be eating healthy meals, cooked from scratch, right?! Snacking on carrot sticks & hummus, no?! Well.. She doesn't. I bin most of her dinners untouched. It doesn't matter what i present her with, unless it's sausages & waffles it goes in the bin. If i run out of ketchup even the waffles go in the bin. She eats porridge for breakfast which is great, & she does love fruit. But i don't believe I've ever seen her eat a vegetable, well not one that looks like a vegetable.. Apart from potato obvs. 

In my defence. If she eats crisps they are mainly organic corn puff things that cost a packet. Her ketchup is almost always organic & well it is a tomato. & i serve her healthy food 'most' days. I'd love nothing more than to sit down & eat an actual dinner with her but she is SO anti trying anything new & binning good food is soul destroying. 

So I'm going to make it my mission over the next few weeks to try some sneaky sneaky healthy meals that look like waffles & sausage. Will report back with any recipes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment